What personal information does Legal Gateway collect and how is it collected?
When you register to use Legal Gateway, consult with our employees, register to work with us, e.g. by sending us an email, calling us or by filling out our registration form, or by otherwise providing information about yourself to us, we receive and may store your information. The types of personal information we may collect include but is not limited to first name, last name, email address, address, phone number, your employer business/company details and department details. You are not required to provide your personal information, or your real name. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, or your real name we may not be able to provide you our services. If we meet or talk with you, we may record the information you give us. In addition, if you visit our website we may track your I.P. address details.
Where and how does Legal Gateway store personal information?
The personal information collected by Legal Gateway may be stored electronically in our electronic databases, on third party’s databases or Cloud-based servers, which are located outside of Australia including, the United States, Singapore, UK and USA. It may also be printed and stored in our filing system, or it may be recorded manually and kept in our filing system. Personal information is only stored at our places of business in or in electronic databases or Cloud-based servers, which are located outside of Australia.
How does Legal Gateway use this information and to whom is it disclosed?
Legal Gateway may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, the purposes to which you have consented and for the purposes as required and authorised by law. Legal Gateway uses the personal information we collect from current and potential clients and users for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide the products and services you request, including sending notification messages, authenticate users, pre-fill forms for automating contracts etc.
- for enquiries regarding our services and products and complaints
- sending users newsletters
- to make you aware of new services, functions or features to our products
- complete your purchase transactions, fulfill your orders, keep you informed about the status of our services and your orders
- improve our services and service/product offerings, customer service, and overall website experience
- for market research and statistical purposes, including analysing the use of our products and services and information about visitors to the website
- to update and maintain the accuracy of our information
- for marketing and promotional purposes
- to provide others with your information to market products and services that we feel may be of interest to you
- for any purpose we believe to be necessary ie complying with legal processes and government requests, to protect ourselves ie rights and privacy concerns etc
Legal Gateway may also disclose your information to third party service providers we use in conducting our business subject to any confidentiality. Those third parties include without limitation external IT providers. If you work with Legal Gateway, Legal Gateway uses the information you supply to us to offer services to clients. The only information Legal Gateway will disclose to clients is your name, qualifications, experience, location and availability. Disclosure to third parties of your information occurs only with your approval. When you give us approval, your information may be disclosed to clients. That approval is part of process to work with us and our clients.
Does Legal Gateway send personal information outside Australia?
Legal Gateway does use third party owned and controlled Cloud-based servers, which are located in Australia and overseas, including the United States, Singapore, UK and USA. Your personal information may be stored on those servers in overseas jurisdictions.
How can you find out what personal information Legal Gateway holds about you and correct it if necessary?
As the personal information we initially collect may change, we encourage you to update the personal information we hold. If you would like to update your personal information, send us an email or phone us. If you wish to access the information we hold about you or if you have a complaint regarding the privacy of your information, contact us. Legal Gateway has the right to refuse access to any information in certain circumstances pursuant to legislation, and retains the right to refuse access in those circumstances. If your request is onerous, we may ask you to pay our reasonable costs.
You must notify Legal Gateway immediately if you become aware of any breach of security. Legal Gateway will take reasonable steps to protect the security of any personal information we hold about you.
Contact Legal Gateway
If you have any questions regarding privacy please contact Legal Gateway’ Privacy Officer at email@example.com or at Level 2, 35 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
Last Updated: September 2017